Life is filled with constant changes that can be anticipated or unanticipated. The pressures of work, school, relationships, and parenting can make you feel like the world is breaking you down but it can get better. You are not alone, nor do you have to navigate life’s challenges alone. I would be honoured to help you better understand yourself and the world around you by bravely exploring the issues that are preventing you from living the way you want to. I put thoughtful emphasis on unconditional acceptance to foster the safety needed for healing. I will gently guide you in connecting with your inner voice and in finding the path that feels right for you. You will gain the tools needed to help you make lasting changes.
Areas of Special Interest:
My background is working with individuals who are adjusting to life after traumatic injuries, including women who have brain injuries because of intimate partner violence. Through my compassion-centered approach, I help people adjust and align their thoughts and emotions with their presenting challenges as they adapt to their new realities. As an accredited yoga teacher, I understand the powerful healing that yoga and meditation can provide to people who are working to reframe their injuries or challenges. I use empowerment and self-compassion techniques to help individuals improve their resiliency and reduce their stress. A gift that I share with others is that problems and pain are just mechanisms to remind us to be more aware. Struggles become tools for awareness, not defeat.
- Trauma recovery / PTSD
- Anxiety, panic, shame
- Depression, sadness, loneliness
- Addiction recovery
- Motivation, personal development, and growth
- Self-acceptance after injury
- Eating disorders
- Recovery from brain injury and concussion
• MSW Master of Social Work (Cand.) - Wilfrid Laurier University
• Bachelor of Social Work - University of Waterloo
• Honours Bachelor of Arts, Psychology - University of Waterloo
• Advanced Neurorehabilitation Certificate - Brock University
• Registered Yoga Teacher Training, Trauma & Brain Injury Focused – Soma Yoga Institute