Rebecca Larson, RP (Registered Psychotherapist), MDiv, MA, PhD
Is not currently accepting new clients, and has limited availability from May through to the end of July.
I have a profound belief in the resiliency of the human spirit. When difficulties feel overwhelming, it is sometimes hard to trust that it is possible to grow and change, and to heal. It is a privilege for me to accompany you in your journey towards wholeness for your life and relationships, and to help you imagine and live into new ways of living and being.
Certifications, Memberships, Accreditations
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP), College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Professional Member, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Member, Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
- Member, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Ordained pastor, Evangelical Lutheran Church in Canada
Areas of Special Interest
I work with individuals and couples who struggle with anxiety, self-esteem and identity, relationships, addictions, trauma, grief and loss, family and life transitions, vocational discernment. I bring a gender perspective to my approach, and I am able to integrate cultural aspects of therapy including “third culture,” immigrant and refugee experiences. I welcome clients from all faith traditions, and those whose values are not connected to any faith or religion.
- Waterloo Lutheran University, Bachelor of Arts
- Pacific Lutheran University, Bachelor of Education
- Waterloo Lutheran Seminary, Master of Divinity
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Master of Arts – Religion and Culture
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Master of Arts – Spirituality and Psychotherapy
- University of Calgary, Doctorate of Philosophy